Sunday, September 4, 2011

Dad and girls

I am helping a friend sell his plane. Yesterday a young mans shows up to look at the plane. He has his two girls (8 yrs & 4 yrs) with him. He looks at the plane for sale. Then we spend about a hour talking about other things airplanes. This guy flys a F-16 for the guard. Spent a full life flying for the Navy, F-18, E2, C2. Stationed on 8 different carriers. When asked about his favorite airplane, he points at the one he flew in. A 1955 Super Cub he rebuilt in 18 months. This guy knows the reason for flying.
This made my day

DS

2 comments:

  1. I loved the T-39, will do so until I die. The 727 was fun (except folks kept shooting at us). The Sherpa? Well, we were just something big and square and slow to shoot at,

    Now, I keep current on one jet the military likes, just in case, and fall asleep with the ghost of JP4 on my pillow.

    Best,
    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you're still keeping the blog up, but I wanted to wish you Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete